Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Final Week, Final Semester, Final Class, Finally a Bachelor's!!!

So, this journey has been an amazing expedition for me. I can't believe how much I have grown in these last 8 years of going to school. There's been so many changes that have happened while going to college. I first thought that I would try and get a minor in Business Management since I had a Zumba Studio at one point. However, I realized that was just not for me. But, I still wanted to learn as much as I could before I graduated. Besides, there's only a certain amount of credits that goes towards what I want. So, I had a lot of extra credits that I could use for whatever I wanted. Taking the class Intro to Entrepreneurship has helped me open my eyes about smart business leadership. One major thing that I will take away from this class is that you must LOVE WHAT YOU DO! Find your passion and go with it! My passion? Teaching. Whether it be children with special needs, Zumba classes, or REFIT classes, I just love teaching! It could lead me to be a business (wo)man some day. But for now, I'll stick to the classroom with special needs children.
Another thing I'd like to learn more about is the program we slightly looked into called Launching Leaders. If you'd like more information on this program, you can find that here. Did you know you can join this website for FREE? If you are interested in becoming an entrepreneur then I would highly recommend looking into this site. 




Another thing I liked about this course is the fact that it brought up the importance of gratitude. It's nice to have money, but money isn't everything. Many people who are wealthy like to give back to their community. There are many ways to do that. I, for one, give back to my church. There are lots of ways to give back. One gentleman we learned about (the owner of Domino's Pizza) ended up building a university for people who can't afford college themselves. He actually had a lot of toys, like his own helicopter. However, he read a book by C.S. Lewis and something changed in him. He now lives in the dorms of his university! I would say that man has been humbled. What a lovely example for everyone to learn from. 

I'm so thankful for this opportunity of going to school. If you haven't heard of the Pathway program through BYUI then I would highly recommend you look into it if you're interested in going to school. You can find that information here





I will be starting my Master's program in Special Education starting in November through WGU. I will post a few times to share my experience through them. Thanks everyone for following along on this journey with me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment