Saturday, September 2, 2023

Matthew, Mark, Luke, John

 This week in my New Testament class, we read about the final week of Jesus Christ. We read about the betrayal of Judas and the strength it took for Jesus Christ to get through what He knew was coming. 

John 14–16

In one of my discussions one person posted about the principle found in Mark 14:43-50. She says "Even when we fall into the hands of those that betray us, we can stand confidently knowing that we stand with Christ." She then goes on to say, "I can't imagine the feeling of knowing that I am going to be betrayed by someone close to me and letting it happen anyway." (Kara Otterstrom) It's true though, could you imagine this happening to you and letting it just, happen?  It would be so difficult! But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that Jesus had to do it. That is the reason he came down to earth anyway, right? How incredibly difficult that would be, knowing that this is going to happen. However, Jesus also knew that He would sacrifice Himself and would save all of His brothers and sisters. That is the peace I'm assuming He felt while going through this difficult time. 

Atonement of Jesus Christ

While Judas betraying Jesus is hurtful, I can't help but think that I am thankful that Judas did just that. Without that happening, we wouldn't be able to be resurrected ourselves. We wouldn't be able to return to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ again. We wouldn't have the Atonement and be able to repent while on the earth. I am so thankful for the love that Jesus has for us. We can do all things through Christ. He has suffered in Gethsemane for us. He has felt every pain we feel, every sorrow we experience, and every battle we go through. He loves us so much. I am so thankful that I can kneel in prayer and thank Him for this opportunity I have to prove myself to Him and Heavenly Father. I can go to Him when I am low because I know He knows what I am feeling. He has the power to help me through it. I love Them so much and I am thankful for the love that They both have for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment