Monday, October 28, 2013

Me, Myself and I

So, you got through my rant from working on everything else huh? So, want to know more about me? Ok, here it goes.

My name is Nini. I've been Nini for as long as I can remember but it's not my real name. Everyone who really knows me calls me Nini. I'm the fourth of five children in my family. I have my older sister Jamie who is married to Rob, then my brother JT who is married to Becky, then my sister Nani who is married to Jon, then me and then my younger brother Josh who is engaged to Trina.

We didn't have the greatest upbringing. Let me start with my mother. She was born in Taiwan. When she was....I can't remember, 3, 5 or 8 years old she was given up for adoption and was raised in California by two people who abused her. In every way. I don't have much good news about them. I'm still surprised at how well my mom is after all that she's been through already. She's a strong woman. For awhile there I actually wasn't even speaking to my mom. But what happened between us made us closer now.

Then there is my dad. He is the youngest of three boys. Before he was born his father went missing and still to this day we have no idea where he ended up. My grandmother raised all three boys on her own. Growing up my grandma was not just my grandma but my grandpa too. She made up for it though. She was always there for us. On weekends we would spend the night at her place and she'd take us bowling every Saturday. Oh back to my dad. My dad didn't finish high school. He was literally so bored because he was too smart and they wouldn't let him move on that he got tired of it and quit. He has been quite the successful man owning a very successful restaurant for a man without a high school diploma. Having my dad grow up the way he did, I don't think he really knew how to be a father. I still have a hard time getting close to him and opening up. He's not one to talk much. Not to mention he was gone a lot with the restaurant.

So my upbringing was just that. My mom in turn abused us girls and my dad was hardly ever home. I looked up to my sister Jamie a lot. She gave me hope for being a good person. She of course is not perfect and made some mistakes along the way but lucky for me I was able to learn from her mistakes. And Nani's mistakes, and JT's mistakes and why not....Josh made quite the amount of mistakes too that I learned NOT to do.

Shoot, it's time to make dinner. I guess I'll have to go into my life story again, next time I write. I'm starting to get the hang of this. Although, I'm wondering why you might still be reading this. I feel like it's not that interesting so far. I don't know, I'm always second guessing myself and my abilities too.

Gotta make dinner now. :)

Thanks for your support!
Nini V.

No comments:

Post a Comment