Sunday, October 27, 2013

Here I go!!!

Well, here I go! As I sit here waiting for my children to get ready for church I thought why not start a blog. A lot has gone through my head in the past few weeks so why not write, eh, type them out. Maybe I can get 1/4 of it down while my kids have 10 minutes before we head to church. Right?

Well, life here in the Vandy household was pretty good for the most part. My husband and I celebrated our 16 yr anniversary in July. The kids are now at three different schools, DJ at the local high school Ike, Karlee at the middle school Wilson and Ashlee in Elementary at Nob Hill. They are 14, 12 and 9. They are my pride and joy. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve them because they are such great kids. Heavenly Father has definitely blessed me with them. In the words of my brother/cousin (will explain later) "I just hope I don't ruin them!" They teach me an awful lot about myself.

Anyway, so life's been good here. We have our house we added on to a few years ago now and it fits my family perfectly. Jason has his TV room, I have a craft corner and the kids have both a living room and a family room to hang out in. Oh yeah, my mother in law Mary lives with us now too. It's a bit tight but we all make it work. For awhile there the TV room was DJ's room but I recently had the girls move in together and now Jason has his TV room back. It works. The girls fight a bit more then usual but I think it's worth it.

Ok, back to what ever I'm trying to get at. Well, I've been a stay at home mom since DJ was born. Actually a month before he was born. It's been nice for us. I've been able to see my kids make their first steps, watch all their programs at school (front row mostly!) and see them grow in good ways (and in bad). It's been an amazing journey. But if you know me, I'm not the one to sit still. Ashlee is now in the 3rd grade and I was starting to barrel down the long road of depression while everyone was in school. That's not a good thing! My husband and I were trying to decide if I wanted to work or go to school. Well, let's back up a little.

Jason has worked for a this special company (which shall remain nameless) for about 19 years now. It has been very good to us.

And, now it's time for church. Let me play around with the blogspot and see exactly how this works. I've going to end this now and finish later today. Hopefully you will stick around for the rest of the story!!!

Thanks for reading!

With much love,
       Nini V.

No comments:

Post a Comment