Saturday, October 29, 2022

Well, hello again! 6-12-19

I had to make a few posts regarding my school classes. When I went to post them, I noticed there were quite a few posts that I made that I never published. So, I am posting them now. Have fun. 

FROM 6-12-2019


I was talking with my sister the other day about a problem I realized I had. You see, I’m a talker. I’ve always been a talker. My mother once gave me a book called Mr. Chatterbox. I do love to talk! The problem isn’t that I love to talk, it’s what I talk about. Naturally being a female I’ve got many emotions to deal with. Not all people like to talk about what they’re feeling. Well, that is my problem. That’s all I ever do. I talk about what’s bothering me, how it’s bothering and why it’s bothering me. I was telling my sister that for me, talking about it helps me cope with it. It helps me see other people’s opinions. It helps me realize that it’s not just me that goes through things, it’s everyone. So, if that’s the case, then why am I the only one talking about it? My sister said it makes me vulnerable. I don’t see it that way. I see it as a way for me to learn and grow. How am I to get better if I don’t know what I need to “get better” ?  If others are feeling vulnerable about their issues and don’t want to talk about it, how do I make it ok for me to do it?
     I was telling my sister I feel like that is why I don’t have a good support in friends. I can think of one really good one that has always been there for me, and doesn’t judge me for what I talk to her about. But then there’s others who learn about me and who I really am, and what I come from and they distance themselves. So why is keeping friends so hard?
     This got me thinking about social media and the “look” of how things are in real life. In 2009 I went with my husband and kids to Disneyland. We posted all sorts of fun pictures on Facebook. This could mean a few different things. 1) My family is rich and can afford expensive trips to Disneyland often, 2) We’re very happy all the time, 3) We always spend time together as a family...yet what it really means is we saved for awhile and promised the kids we would take them when the youngest was 5 years old, and we had a good time with Mickey and Goofy and the gang, but at the end of the day there was whiney, cranky children that had had enough, the budget was super tight so we bought bread, PB and jelly and some chips so we could make our own lunches, and it was a once in a lifetime thing for our kids because we were never going to do it again!
     Social media paints this portrait of picture perfect families, and people. If anyone who knew me saw the house cleaned in the background of any picture posted, they would know if was my husband who did it and not me. So why can’t we be our real selves? Why is it intimidating to be the real you? Why can’t we relax and have fun and still be able to take care of business when needed? Is that what it takes to be happy? To be able to talk about the real me and know that I won’t be judged? Because everyone else has issues just like me so why couldn’t we share? Isn’t that what we’re here for anyways? To give support to each other when we need it? Not just during the fun times, but also the challenging times as well. Let us all remember that everyone goes through something at one point or another. Just because life is good for you now, it doesn’t mean it always will be. Heavenly Father wants us to be happy, but Satan doesn’t. And when he sees that you are happy he will try his best to knock you down. Sometimes it will work, but I know that Heavenly Father doesn’t want to see me hurt. So I’m gonna do my best to get right back up and continue moving forward, whether I have a friend by my side or not. I’m gonna be the person I want to be, me, and I know Heavenly Father is pleased with me and the choices I make. Not everyone is going to like me, as much as I wish they would, but that’s ok. I will continue being the person I am, and know that I am loved.
     So, go be the person who you really are. Go be the real you and enjoy that life He gave you. Don’t worry about what others think, because deep down they’re wishing they could let it all go and enjoy themselves too. I’m glad I’m the person that I am, because somewhere, somehow, I am exactly the person that someone needs at this very moment. Thank you for allowing me to be here for you!

All my love,
“Ninivandy

No comments:

Post a Comment