Saturday, October 29, 2022

I'm Back, and Still in College, Eternal Family 8-23-21

FROM 8-23-21


I'm back, and yep, still going to school! I have earned my Associates Degree and am now working towards my Bachelor's Degree. I am close to my goal yet still so much to do. 

I'm taking another class regarding The Family: A Proclamation To The World (click here to view). This document explains so much of our church beliefs. If you ever get a chance to read it I would highly recommend it! 

So, the book we are studying along with the Proclamation is called "Successful Marriages and Families: Proclamation Principles and Research Perspectives" by Alan J. Hawkins, David C. Dolahite, and Thomas W.D. We have been jumping around different chapters and at first I wasn't a fan of doing it that way. I like to read a book cover to cover, however with the lessons we're taking, it kind of flows even with the different chapters. 

The first chapter we read was 32 - The Eternal Family, and then we read chapter 34 - Sharing and Defending Family Proclamation Principles. 

In Ephesians 6:12 it reads "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." 

Reading this scripture makes me cringe. This talks about how much the world itself is full of temptations. If we look around what's going on right now in the world we can see just how true this scripture is. I'm glad that I have my faith to lead me in the right direction. My faith brought me to my husband. We have come a long way, and still have so much to go! But thanks to the gospel in our lives, we know we can be together for the eternity. 

When our families have difficulty, who do you turn to? J and I both have had some things come up with our own families. Learning to lean on each other while feeling low is a pretty good feeling. We can get through this thing called life together, with many more things to come. 

Continue following me for more info regarding the book "Successful Marriages and Families: Proclamation Principles and Research Perspectives". 

No comments:

Post a Comment