Saturday, August 26, 2023

"I Am Come a Light Into The World"

Experience "The Chosen" with Good Shepherd this Lent - Good Shepherd  Lutheran Church

This week we read chapters regarding the last week of Jesus Christ's life. It's so hard when I know what is coming up. However, I continued to read. There are many stories in the scriptures we read this week. We read Matthew 21-24, Mark 11-13, Luke 19-21, John 12 and we also read the scripture that Joseph Smith Jr wrote regarding Matthew chapter 23:39 and chapter 24. These stories have been told through the tv series "The Chosen". When I read through the scriptures I can picture these characters in real life. I can see Jesus Christ washing the feet of His disciples. I can see Mary and Martha washing Jesus' feet. And I can see Jesus raise Lazarus from the dead. All of these ring true in my head. I know that Heavenly Father sent his son so that we could live with Him again. I know that Jesus Christ had suffered for us, so that we can have the opportunity to repent and become like Him. 

                           The Chosen Jesus GIF - The Chosen Jesus Washing - Discover & Share GIFs

r/TheChosenSeries - Lazarus, Mary & Martha - Luke 10, John 11, John 12,

I strongly encourage you to watch the series of "The Chosen" if you haven't already. This show helps me to understand the life of Jesus Christ as I read through the New Testament. If you would like to watch it with me please reach out. Watching it on the big screen is like having Jesus in your living room! It is so amazing! 

You can also watch the series here

No comments:

Post a Comment