Friday, August 4, 2023

Insight from the New Testament

 Wow. That's pretty much how I felt after reading through the scriptures this week. I decided to use the scripture study skill substitution, where you insert your name, or I, and make it personal for you. I first started reading Matthew chapter 5. Right from the beginning I started to get emotional and had tears in my eyes. If there were ever a time where Heavenly Father wanted me to feel loved, this was it. So humbling. In verse three it starts out: 

        3 Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

So, substituting my name in there it would therefore read: "Blessed am I, poor in spirit, for mine is the kingdom of Heaven."

        4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

"Blessed am I that mourn: for I shall be comforted."

"Blessed am I, the meek: for I shall inherit the earth."

"Blessed am I, which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for I shall be filled."

"Blessed am I that is merciful: for I shall obtain mercy."

"Blessed am I, the pure in heart: for I shall see God.

"Blessed am I, the peacemaker: for I shall be called a child of God.

"Blessed am I, who is persecuted for righteousness' sake: for mine is the kingdom of heaven."

"Blessed am I, when men shall revile me, and persecute me, and shall say all manner of evil against me falsely, for my (God's) sake.

"Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is my reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before me.

So, you can see why I felt so strongly that Heavenly Father was making sure I knew how important I am to Him. Let's back up a bit. 

Late last week I had been struggling with an upcoming assignment that I have. It literally got me down. My depression was starting to kick in. I had started to get anxiety just thinking about sitting down to do my homework. Tuesday came and my assignments were due that night. I spoke with my sister about my feelings. This particular assignment just had me thinking of all the things that I do wrong. It made me think terrible things about myself. I started to hate who I was. 

I know that these assignments are meant to help us grow closer to Christ, not feel the way I was feeling. My sister suggested I reach out to my professor. So I did. His response couldn't have been more perfect. It was exactly what I needed to hear. A huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I felt much better. So, I sat down and started reading the scriptures. And this is what I read. If I didn't know that Heavenly Father was thinking of me before, this really stood out now! He knew I needed to hear those words for myself. 

I know my Heavenly Father lives. I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that Jesus Christ atoned for us and paid the ultimate sacrifice. He doesn't want us to suffer. The pain I was feeling, He felt worse. I know that Jesus died for me. I will forever be grateful for the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. He will always and forever be my Savior, my guiding light, my example. I am so thankful for the knowledge of my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. 

If you would like more information regarding the different study skills, the scriptures that I am reading, or more about Christ in general, please visit here. 



No comments:

Post a Comment