Saturday, August 12, 2023

John 10:9 I Am the Door

This picture has always been one of my favorites. Jesus is knocking at the door. But, what do you see? Or technically, not see? A doorknob. Jesus can't let Himself in, you have to. Such a powerful image to remind us that He is there, waiting for us to reach out/open the door. 


Speaking of door, I read this scripture this week, which made me think of this picture:

John 10:9 "I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture"

Honestly, the picture and the scripture have nothing to do with each other. But I couldn't help but share one of my favorite pictures. 

This scripture talks about pastures. Earlier it was talking about sheep. What Christ is saying here is that he will be the gate to the pasture. He will let man in, if they are saved, and he will keep those that will hurt the sheep out. 

I know this is also a great reference to Him and us as well. He is the door. He can open the door for us to return to live with Heavenly Father again. Because of His atonement, we can choose to follow Him and return to Heavenly Father.

I can see Jesus Christ as a door for me to enter the kingdom of Heaven again. I know He is my Savior because of what He did for us. Another favorite picture of mine is below. At the hardest time of our lives, I literally felt like I was drowning. I honestly felt like I couldn't get enough air to just breath. I posted in 2017 about this time and I remember my son calming my spirits when he said, "I'm fine. I've said a prayer and everything's going to be ok...." I thanked my Heavenly Father for showing me that I did an ok job as a mother. I remember seeing this picture afterwards and knew that He had reached His hand out to me that day. 


Jesus Christ is my Savior. He is my redeemer. Through Him, I can become whole. I will strive to live my life like Him every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment